“Digital Education Project to Enable Youth Workers in NGOs to Become Support Moderators for Disabled Youth – DISMODE”
- Strategic Partnerships in the Field of Youth – Erasmus+
- Duration: 01/03/2023 – 01/03/2025
In today’s context, Youth Education institutions are quite aware of the implementation of the UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (particularly CRPD and Article 24) and the full integration of youth education from inclusive and vocational schools.
However, when disabled youth seek education (both formal and non-formal courses), in most cases, there is no specially trained person available to assist, provide guidance, and negotiate with them.
- Create a new functional profile for “Disabled Support Moderator” in NGOs
- Train and prepare specific individuals in NGOs as disabled support moderators
- Equip them with appropriate training on disability awareness, disability etiquette, communication guidelines including assistive technologies and sign language
- Facilitate the proper utilization and transition of disabled youth from formal/non-formal education opportunities
Therefore, the main aim of the program is to prepare specific individuals in NGOs as disabled support moderators. These individuals will be equipped with knowledge on disability awareness, disability etiquette, communication guidelines including the use of assistive technologies and sign language. Additionally, they will be able to manage the transition process.
Another aspect of the program will involve the inclusion of learning opportunities and necessary adaptations in the handbook for different modes/types of learning and possible learning and assessment/examination processes for disabled youth. This way, support will be provided to youth workers in becoming moderators for disabled individuals.
- New functional profile of “Disabled Support Moderator” in the NGO sector
- Educational handbook on inclusive education arrangements including guidelines and tips
- Communication module on disability awareness, disability etiquette, communication guidelines, use of assistive technologies, sign language, etc.
- Blended training for potential disabled support moderators
- E-learning portal
- Wider dissemination and utilization of project outputs